Click a Category
Click a Category
COMPACT UV BLACKLIGHT LED TORCH - PEST DETECTOR
FIND RODENT ENTRANCES AND WHERE PETS HAVE PEED ON CARPET
Turn the UV black light torch on in a dark room to inspect and detect locations of animal or human urine and other body fluids.
The ultra-violet torch light makes these fluids fluoresce - glow in the dark.
The torch emits UVA purple light, also known as black light, instead of visible white light.
After Summer backs down, rats and mice come inside to make your home their home for the colder months so that they can breed and sleep. Remove any food sources laying around including pet food. Use the black light torch to identify rodent runways and rub-marks. Runways can be difficult to spot in white light. Outdoor runways are narrow paths of run down ground that is clear of any kind of debris. Indoor runways are commonly along wall edges and steps. If cobwebs and dust are in these areas, they are not currently being used by rodents.
Rats and mice deliberately leave urine trails as they run, usually around the edges of a room or shed, in cupboards and in ceilings so that other rodents can follow these trails in the dark. Their urine has a distinctive smell when it builds up.
Where rodents enter and exit a room through a hole in the wall or from other locations, their urine markings are larger and their urine soaked feet show their traffic that clusters around the entrance holes that they are using.
Near this entrance is a good location to set a trap.
Block the hole up with plain steel wool or sheet metal sections to keep them out as they cannot chew through it.
There may be multiple rodent entrances to a building. This torch's black light will highlight these entry points after dark or in a darkened room.
Also check outside the building for rodent entry points and block these off as well. Entry points may or may not be at ground level.
The black light will also detect where pets have peed on carpets or furniture to identify where to clean.
You may have seen black light torches used in some crime series TV shows and movies.
Low-power UV-A emitted by black lights is not a hazard to skin or eyes and can be viewed without protection
Small, easy to use and light weight
Bright and high quality light
Power: 3 x AAA good alkaline batteries (not included)
Material: Aluminum alloy
Size: 87 x 26mm - fits in the palm of your hand
Light source: Ultraviolet
LED : 9 globes which are bright but do not draw much power
The UV Black light LED torch can detect other materials and pests that fluoresce in its violet light.
- Scorpions glow under this black light - take this torch camping to check bedding, clothing and camp sites
- Uranium glass antiques glow green
- Hotels rooms and beds for cleanliness and bed bugs
- ID on legitimate passports
- Fluorescent minerals
- Some paper currencies for detecting counterfeit notes
- Ringworm on the skin of humans and animals
- Make invisible security Ink visible
- Tooth whiteners
- Property inspections prior to purchase or rental
- Food safety in kitchens and factories
- Detection of refrigerant leaks from refrigerators and air conditioning systems
- Security guards at venues to help authenticate driver’s licences and ID cards
- Art dealers and auction houses use black light to check quality and for fraud of old and antique items and paintings
- T-shirts and other garments printed with inks designed to glow in night club lighting
- Some cleaners and detergents with artificial brightener chemicals added