Snap Shot (pardon that pun)
IT'S A TRAP! had its origins on the Kyneton farm in 2009 after foxes killed the newborn Damara lambs.
By coincidence, a cage trap maker was discovered by accident around this time at an annual agricultural show. IT'S A TRAP grew from that random encounter as many other people in cities, towns, regions and farms have the same common need to deal with feral and pest animals that wreak havoc, cause expensive stock and crop losses, native animal species extinction and are nuisance pest animals across Australia.
One feral cat can kill over 30,000 defenceless native animals - birds, reptiles, mammals - in its lifetime. Multiply that by many millions of cats daily hunting in the country and burbs. Some brain-dead people still release unwanted kittens in the bush to thrive with each killing thousands of native animals and to breed up, out of control.
Rules for responsible trapping
1. Buy a good trap and learn how to use it properly.
2. Decide what you are going to do with the animal before you start trapping.
3. You don't have to torture animals to trap them.
4. Don't leave trapped animals in cages for a long slow death by exposure and starvation. Check traps daily, morning and evening.
5. A good quality trap is only as good as its trapper with the information on how to use it well. We explain how to use traps and the do's and dont's for first-time trappers. This includes understanding the behaviour of the animal to be trapped, to get the best results. It's an information exchange.
6. There is never just one pest or feral animal. Some feral species numbers are beyond eradication but local areas can be managed with ongoing trapping.
7. Council Rangers will only collect live pest or feral animals in serious cage traps like ours that are compliant with current regulations. Rangers and their employers do not want them to go to hospital with injuries and contracting horrible blood diseases from being scratched or bitten by feral and wild animals.
IT'S A TRAP ships Australia-wide. For now, until automatic website shipping pricing kicks in, please phone for a trap shipping price to your location. Some traps are too large for Australia Post and go by courier. Or traps can be collected from the main street of Kyneton, VIC. Definitely phone first to check current stock levels before heading in here as we no longer have the retail shop open.
Our sturdy, wire mesh cage trap range is Australian-designed, Australian-made with Australian galvanized steel, designed and built to outlast you. Bequeath these good traps in your will. Write down phone numbers and dates for people who borrow your traps as, like loaned books, they tend to never come back.
This website is an ongoing work in progress. The product range grows from time to time so check back here and there.
IT'S A TRAP!
Phone 0411 555 644 in business hours.
Facebook and Messenger ItsaTrapAustralia